Social Work Internships
What we can offer:
Students will be introduced to client-centered, direct-practice experience by:
- Interviewing clients to determine service needs (e.g. housing, drug treatment, mental health).
- Training in rapport-building techniques.
- Training in linking clients to service networks, housing, and available resources.
- Opportunities to work with juvenile, adult, and elderly/geriatric populations.
- Working as a collaborative team member to assist with creating service plans used in sentencing/dispositions.
- Attending community partner meetings to learn and share information.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (unless part-time student or holidays).
- FAMU Students: Social Work Students interested in interning should contact Katisa Donaldson/Director of Field Placement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-412-7551.
- FSU Students: Social Work Students interested in interning should contact Katrina Boone/Director of Field Placement at email@example.com or 850-644-9743
- Other Schools: Contact your school’s field placement/volunteer office or Office of Public Defender at Victor.Williams@FLPD2.com or 850-606-1072